(In that case, it sounds like you might want to contribute a guest post!)
Part of my mission with Brute Reason is to encourage conversation about things that are often left unsaid, and that doesn’t mean I have to be the only one talking. I’ve already had two fantastic guest posts this week, and I want to open that opportunity up to everyone who
lurks on reads this blog.
The rules are pretty simple:
- It must be thoughtful and intelligent. Well-written is a plus, but if you’re not a strong writer and still have something to say, I can help you develop your post.
- It can be about basically anything. This blog has an emphasis on psychology, culture, politics, and social justice, but anything goes.
- Pseudonyms are okay. It’d be cool if you can use your real name, but if not, I understand.
- Crossposting at other blogs is obviously also okay.
- Try to keep it under 1,500 words. If it’s longer than that, we could consider splitting it up into two or more posts. Or I might just ignore this rule.
- Nonfiction only, please. Unless it carries a strong message that pertains to politics, social issues, etc., in which case I might ignore this rule too.
- No racism, sexism, or any other of those bad -isms. I realize this is completely a judgment call on my part, but hey, it’s my blog.
- You don’t have to agree with me. In fact, my first guest post directly contradicted one of my own opinions! I’ll publish guest posts that I disagree with, as long as they handle the disagreement respectfully and intelligently. The only exception is in the previous bullet point.
Although any subject is fair game, here are a few that I’m especially interested in because I lack the experience and/or knowledge to write about them myself:
- Race and LGBT issues
- Mental illness other than depression
- Science, especially the latest research/controversies in climate change, nutrition, and other politically relevant issues like that
- Food policy
- Non-Western perspectives
- Economics and business ethics
Sound like something you want to do? Email me your piece or idea at miriam[at]brutereason.net.
I hope to hear from some of you soon!
*update* For heaven’s sake, I will not publish any guest posts from content farms. Please stop trying. Here’s a hint: if your blog name is something like Best Online Colleges 4 U, I’m not interested.
Also! I forgot to mention this before. Please send along a brief bio with your guest post.